PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Show Sussex County

Jeepin_Al
03-07-2010, 12:14 PM
FYI

While I was at OK 4WD there was a flier for a Jeep Show on May 8th at Sussex-Franklin Jeep to benefit the Diabetes Foundation (if memory serves me correct). You need to preregister.

I will most likely be there, unless I decide to drive 5 hours to join All Things Jeep for their Topless show.

2001TJ
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Did a little internet snooping and found a little more info, I believe in a posting from Jeep Forum.

Date
05/08/2010 9:00AM

Attendees

Guest Acceptance
PUBLIC

Address
315 RT 23 North SUSSEX NJ
Sussex New Jersey, 7461
USA

THE3ISKING

hello, we(highpoint mudslingers) are having a jeep show to benifit

Dibetes. Info will follow shortly with pre-registration and so on.

Highpoint Mudslingers and Franklin Sussex Auto Mall (in Wantage

Township NJ on Rt 23n)will be having an ALL jeep event with a course,

RTI ramp, and a show and shine. Trouphies will be given out for

each.There will be food. Check out the flyer i have posted

below.
thanks for looking, Matt
**this event is being held for

the American Diabetes Association**

Personally, I'm NOT a fan of Franklin Sussex Automall as on two separate occasions they snubbed me when I asked about participation in TFT. However, I'm all about good causes like fighting diabetes, so if anyone's interested, why don't we plan to participate?

cj8mike
03-07-2010, 08:07 PM
yes they wheel on private property but the real question to ask them is if they have permission to wheel there. Answer is NO. I would not want NJJC attached to them

2000XJ
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Sounds like a good idea. It's a local event that would continue to help put the NJJC on the map.

2001TJ
03-08-2010, 11:02 AM
yes they wheel on private property but the real question to ask them is if they have permission to wheel there. Answer is NO. I would not want NJJC attached to them

Mike and I spoke about this via PM, and there was definitely enough information to support his abovequoted statement. Still, I'm looking at a Jeep show sponsored by a dealership (Even if it's a dealership I dislike) as a good place for us to show up and educate the masses on safe, LEGAL wheeling, especially since we'll have some brand spankin' new brochures to debut. :D

2000XJ
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM

I missed that b/c he posted while I was writing mine.

This is definitely a tough call to make....

cj8mike
03-08-2010, 12:35 PM
as Chris said though education is a good idea. Billy and I have tried but it falls on deaf ears it seems. Still cant give up though.

Jeepin_Al
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I am leaning on going to this, if you still have the banner, and the brochures are ready I will display them proudly!

2001TJ
03-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm leaning towards going as well. I'd love for the dealership that's too good for TFT to see that they snubbed the greatest Jeep club in the world!We could always do a little barbecue at my place afterwards; I'm ten minutes away.

jeepinjp
03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I concur with mike as I have tried a few times to reach out to these guys in reference to where they are wheeling, if it is legal and posting illegal (trespassing) wheeling, and at times alchohol and wheeling.... I had even voluntered to do a tread lightly meeting for them..they had no interest, this was a while ago..
I am between a rock and a hard place as my younger sister passed from diabetes a few years ago, and I do some volunteer work with them. But the club needs to decide if attending will be a reflection on us or not...

shrapnel1980
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
I had even voluntered to do a tread lightly meeting for them..they had no interest

people like that give this sport a bad name and make it harder for us to get respect for the sport

i see a few of them around town here in newton. never talked to them though.

muddbunny75
04-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Its supporting the cause, not the club. Education and communication are key factors in understanding the rights and wrongs of wheeling.

2001TJ
04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Its supporting the cause, not the club.

Thank you, Deb. Couldn't have put it better myself.

T4STE
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
hi guys. old member still NJJC forum lurker. been a while since ive gone to meetings (due to work schedules). i am now a current member of this club also and i do agree on supporting the cause and by no means disagree with you guy not supporting the club. so far since ive gone out with them we have wheeled at places where we got permission and by no means no drinking was involved. since you guys were the first club i joined, i still stick to your values of threading lightly and wheeling responsibly. although there are some people in our club that we dont normally wheel with and yes we have heard of their stories of wheeling illegally whether or not alchohol was involved, we told them them what the reprecautions of their actions were. we cannot police other member's actions in our club, but that does not mean that the whole club is responsible for everyone's else actions. its a fairly new club and we are slowly in motion with organizing more responsible actions as far as not ruining the sport for everybody. hate to rant like this and again by no means i disagree with what you guys said about SOME of the members that do the things we are trying to avoid, but like this club high point is just as much as family oriented and friendly club as you guys. and i also look forward to getting my tuesday nights free so i can come to meetings and rejoin this club. its been a while since ive seen many of you and the progression of your rigs. hope this incident doesnt tarnish our new clubs name in your eyes. like i said we are fairly new and still working out some kinks. so hope to see some of you at the event and hope is well.

Allen

Jeep-Power
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Allen-
It is great to hear from you & to get an insiders view of the 'situation'--

Looking forward to having you back with NJJC.

T4STE
04-24-2010, 03:37 PM
thanks Pete. and i again even though i havent really met or gone out with the "other crew", i will apologize for their actions first hand. so far ive gone out with the main guys in the club and their kids, (hence they know better as far as drinking on the trails and being on illegal grounds). and yes i will soon be changing jobs (thank god) and will have a more flexible schedule so i look forward to re-joining. and thanks for understanding. :)

Jeepin_Al
04-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Signed up at the OK4WD show today, see you there!

surfinman945
04-24-2010, 09:02 PM
i also picked up a packet for this! it looks like a good cause to support. I agree with you guys, just supporting the cause doesnt mean we're supporting ALL the clubs values

2001TJ
04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Allen, nice to see you outside of the classifieds! Thanks for speaking up on this issue from the "other side." Like I said in an earlier thread, I met one guy from your club and he seems like a pretty nice guy (Even slipped him a card the next time I saw him). I hope it is how you say it is and look forward to seeing them (And you) at this event. Shame how a few bad apples sometimes ruin the bunch.

T4STE
04-27-2010, 01:22 PM
thanks Chris. yes it is nice to be outside the classifieds lol but since ive been actually using the jeep, ive been breaking some things also. but i do agree with the bad apples, we are trying to actually filter the club since the people that dont show up to meetings and meet the club are usually the ones that i hear stories about. on the site we have about 90+ something members and only met like 20 people. and where we meet is on the way to your house cause i remember the way when i went to your house to learn how to weld.

01BlackXJ
05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
ill be there with my xj

T4STE
05-08-2010, 09:40 PM
i would just like say thank you on behalf of Highpoint Mudslingers. i saw Mr. Barnes there representing (i hope you got a pic of your rig with the hooters girls) and several others. it was a good turn out and thanks for the support.

Sigmaz
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
You'd think I'd be available for a family and friends get together.
But I had to work...

Grrr.
Details anyone? How was the event?

Did anyone see my sister there? Lol

Pile_alcaline
05-09-2010, 05:11 PM
that was a pretty good show, i met allen(t4ste) there for the first time in person.

the course wasnt so bad, watched a guy almost flip his wrangler on the course.

i honestly would say thats what makes this sport for me. big groups of people from different clubs or no clubs just hangen out. i hope to see more events like this.

oh and apparently people are tryen to get a off-road park going in north jersey too

MarkXJ2k
05-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I agree, it was a pretty good show. Unfortunately, I had to run out to Newton and with traffic and other delays, by the time I got back the final course competitions were just starting, so I missed out on running the course. But I did win a $50 gift certificate for JC Whitney.

I also learned something new: Disconnect airbags before doing jumps.

Still haven't had a chance to get the new JK dirty yet. Hopefully, I'll get my membership squared away next week so I can go on some rides. Should also have at least diff guards and evap skid by then.

rocksteadyrobk
05-10-2010, 08:12 AM
This made channel 11 news on Sat night.

NickBnj
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I heard the Hooters girls did an excellent job washing the dirty Jeeps!!

T4STE
05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
lol they did quite alright. for once i didnt care if they missed a spot. it was a great time and someone traded in a yj and the owner just gave it to the mechanics in the shop so they jumped it like 12 times till it finally died. it was a great time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okESONZtW-4

Jeepin_Al
05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Story and Pictures:

http://strausnews.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1000128&CategoryID=47370&ListSubAlbums=0