Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello my name is Mike i have 83 cj7 Iím working on trying to get some stearing bugs out of yet. If i ever get it fix hope to come out and meet at a meeting one day.

welcome mike
    Sean Nieves

2001 XJ 4.5 zone lift 33s and some other stuff
    2012 civic

Comment

Ok this stearing issue driving nuts i got new lift kit made sure springs are sitting on pins new drag ling new tie rods new stearing link reman gear box few years old stearing moves left to right almost half way befor wheels turn can gear box not be good even tho it was a rebuild ?? At Monet has stock wheel with 32 on then narrow rear on 83 cj it squirrely i have to keep moving wheel back and forth when driveing it donít feel right any ideas ?? Gonna try another gear box Iím out of ideas new wheels and tiers soon.

Comment

Sounds like a bad box... where are you located?
        Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Could be the jamb nut has loosened on top of the box . Or possibly severe wear. If not loosen , unthread the jamb nut a bit and tighten up the stud and back it off a touch and tighten the jamb nut. This should be on top (opposite end of where your splines are for the pitman arm ). The way it works is kind of like the backlash in the differential . And actually check all the joints from the box up to colum as well , could be a whooped rag joint.
          Greg-

Comment

Like Greg said for tightening the gear box. But that normally occurs from a long used gearbox with severe wear.

Since you said CJ, make sure your shackles are tight firm against the tubes inside the bushings. Example I leave mine a little loose and removed the metal tubes so I get better articulation off road and this can be seen when I'm sitting at flat and turn wheel left or right the whole body will move up to 6" in either direction before the shackles tighten up and then the tires turn. This effect does make it road travel interesting that requires lots of back n forth wheel movement to maintain straight travel. But depends on where the priorities lie to where the loosy or tighty is needed. For now it just holds up a tarp lol
            Dan M.
            Former President, Secretary, Treasurer
            48 days on trail in 2012!
            '85 CJ7 - 4.0L,T-18,4.10s,Locked F&R,35s,Caged,Winch
            '68 Kaiser Jeep M715 body transplant on '90 Dodge W350 in progress

Comment

Ok box is new tie rods are new stearing arm new i think i figured it out waiting on parts need shims on front springs caster seems to be out

Comment

Ooo orngkrate im in Wayne

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                  Ain't no sense in bein stupid unless you show it off!

Joe
                  Former
                  NJJC VP

Comment

Taunter any update?
                    Dave TVH
                    03 TJ 4.0L-TF 727-Atlas II 4.3-Solid Axle 60's 5.13 gears- locked fr&rear
                    PSC Hydro - 3 inch stretch-37" Trep Beadlocks- OBA - More
                    9 Days on the trail - 4 locations for 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

Shims just came Iíve been working day and night at moment two jobs hoping to get to it this weekend

Comment

Shim are in seems better now i need Good ailment

Comment

Working...
                        X