No announcement yet.

Old No.7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now that it works, and I am very happy with the Clayton long arms, Currie Springs and the Bilsteins...
    next on the list is to get my air lockers/oba done, swap in the NP231 with TeraLow4:1 I bought and finish rear bumper/tire carrier ASAP
    Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Nice to hear it worked so well for you.
      Kai aka Drew's Dad

97 TJ, 4'' Clayton Long Arms & Armored, Atlas, 1 ton steering, Artec Front Truss & Aussie Locker, D44 Rear & Locked, AtoZ Bumpers and Rockers, 35in KM2s,

2010 JK Rubicon (Kathleen's)

2007 Ram 1500

Comment

Awesome! Looks and sounds like a good weekend in the woods. Glad everything went well on the shakedown
        Mike S.
        '94 YJ "BlackRhinoYJ"
        YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/BlackRhinoOffRoad

Comment

Originally posted by rmm View Post
          Nice! What did you end up with on the tires?
          35" KM2's well tested by a great friend
          Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Got the TeraLow/SYE/231 T'case in a while ago, along with the Tom Woods driveshafts (that came with the axles) and a few other minor things off the list. I went with a NOVAK case mounted shifter for the T'case to eliminate the Z-gate linkage, I really like the old school feel of it. The Rig is in Plow mode now for winter duties. Hoping to finish the rear bumper/carrier some weekend and get the air lockers wrapped up as well.
            Keep eyes peeled for a Cage Swap Tek Day too.
            Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Nice Doug this rig came a long way this past 2018/2019 season!
              Mike S.
              '94 YJ "BlackRhinoYJ"
              YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/BlackRhinoOffRoad

Comment

Tom at Smashboogie was kind enough to fit me in and install my front Zip Locker and save me a ton of time, THANK YOU TOM! Great experience with a great vendor who was willing to work with my budget and schedule. Had a hiccup with the parts I supplied and Tom reacted with a couple options to bring it home done the right way. looking forward to hitting the buttons! slow but sure more progress, the end is in sight! Can't wait to wheel again!

Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Finally got out for a day of wheeling on 03/24 for the Monthly Club Ride. Had a great day exploring the NE property at Rausch Creek. It was a Green ride, we did some Blues along the way. Hit some Blacks where I mostly got denied as my air lockers are not plumbed, and once I got stuck on top of BFG my winch motor gave up, but I was smiling anyway. The 4 squirrels haven't found any nuts(and it is doubtful they will) but the TeraLow helps...although the low gearing makes trail riding a bit slow. All in all considering what I have into it, I'm very happy. I have a list to get done before the Club Spring Ride and I am planning on some vindication.
                  Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Awesome! Sounds like a success!!!
                    Pete
                    CJ 5.75

Comment

Make sure to add to the list a pound of acorns! Our terrain requires occasional squirrel exciters..
                      Dan M.
                      Former President, Secretary, Treasurer
                      48 days on trail in 2012!
                      '85 CJ7 - 4.0L,T-18,4.10s,Locked F&R,35s,Caged,Winch
                      '68 Kaiser Jeep M715 body transplant on '90 Dodge W350 in progress

Comment

Doug - did you ever wheel with Tony Venturini (Highlander)? Hopefully, he and Pam will come to Spring Ride. He can demonstrate just how to make the squirrels sing!
                        Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

Wheeling with tony and the squirrels was always entertaining!!
                          Pete
                          CJ 5.75

Comment

Just make sure the nuts don't make a problem for you. Remember Drew only had four in his YJ and he climbed a tree.
                            Kai aka Drew's Dad

97 TJ, 4'' Clayton Long Arms & Armored, Atlas, 1 ton steering, Artec Front Truss & Aussie Locker, D44 Rear & Locked, AtoZ Bumpers and Rockers, 35in KM2s,

2010 JK Rubicon (Kathleen's)

2007 Ram 1500

Comment

WARN 9.5XP Motor arrived today, still waiting on the splined pinion gear as my 8274 Winch is almost as old as me and has the keyed shaft. I already have the Albright solenoid so that will be going in too, along with dash mounted switches in parallel with the remote. Harness/Solenoids are here for the air lockers- still trying to decide on an air supply- most likely electric as my lil engine doesn't need any more load. 1/2" ROKMEN body lift is here to get rid of the Bloomsburg height BL on the rig now, that will be installed shortly. Ordered Carbon Off Road shafts for the front "Turdy", once they get here next week the polishing will be complete on that(turd). Still need to adjust the Novak transfer case shifter after the BL is remedied. And need to schedule a TekDay to swap/tie in the cage, add seat bars and install my well tested Hunsacker seats and Simpson harnesses.
                              Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Had some time today, bolted the steering box skid TVHDave gave me, and swapped in a9.5XP motor, Albright solenoid and wired in cab controls to repair my winch. Waiting on flag connectors and a new remote socket that will be wired parallel with the in cab stuff to final wire at the Albright. Next on the list is to plumb and wire the air lockers.
                                Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Working...
                                X