No announcement yet.

Project 2nd Hand YJ build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day, more checked off the infinite list. Played with some paint yesterday ... a nice 15' job. Just need to weld on the rear shock tabs and the rear suspension will be done. When I bought shocks I wasn't planning on lift shackles, so I may need longer ones eventually. Since the CPU needs a speed signal, and the analog Speedo would need swapped out, I decided to change the whole dash. Keeping the dash pad, installing a Tuffy security glovebox, removing the plastic and gauges, covering the sub dash with diamond plate, using the 6 in one gauge, a switch panel, aftermarket warning lights, and stock hvac controls. Important functions needed for operation stay stock, everything else is aftermarket. New speedometer runs off of GPS.
    Jeremy Zuber ...59 CJ5 resurrection, 97 TJ 4 banger mall crawler

Comment

Starting to look like a Jeep again with the grill mocked up in place. Looking good
      Mike S.
      NJJC President
      '94 YJ Buggy "BlackRhinoYJ"
      https://www.northjerseyjeepclub.org/...black-rhino-yj
      www.youtube.com/c/BlackRhinoOffRoad

Comment

Its a good feeling when the grill goes back on. Makes start to look like a jeep again!

its looking good man.
        Pete
        CJ 5.75

Comment

Today was welding day. The passenger front spring hanger had a cracked weld. I cut the weld out, and filled it, then went back over it with a bigger bead. 2 of the body mounts were bent. I hammered them straight and put a stitch to hold them up. No pics, but the passenger frame horn was bent in and a stuck/broken bolt. Got the bolt out, straightened out, and welded in a new nut on both sides. Also got the shock tabs in on the rear. The grill is also repaired and the extended bumpers are on the bottom. SYE install is also underway. The tub will go on Saturday evening!! The other pics are the new 92 - 95 wrangler dash harness, and some new dash accessories .

Comment

Today wasn't as productive since I finally had to go to work. But I finished the SYE. With the 100s of wrenches and thousands of sockets I have I couldn't find one to fit the darn front yoke ...so I made my own tool. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
            X