New Rig: "BlakWulf" [YJ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rig: "BlakWulf" [YJ]

so my first post was deleted, here we go 94 yj stretched to 103" using xj/yj leaf springs and relocating the front hanger,comp cut, full cage with seats tied in, gas tank relocated into bed and then skinned out , flat skid made out of 3/16 steel, ford shock towers at all 4 corners, reccaro style seats, 4 point harness, flipped 300 w/ twin stick, quick release steering wheel, 35" baja claws for now on soft 8's, alloy shafts front and soon to be in the rear, 8000lbs. winch,agr super pump and power steering cooler.

i started w/ regular wheel base on 3.5 bds springs w/ some big a$$ shackles kept the springs ditched the shackles , waggy 44's front and rear w/ spools and 5.13 gears

still need cuting brake and comp corners.
    it has a nice low stance looks pretty good will look better with the corners on. so pics will come when i get over to kevs house becuase i stll have not figured out how to get the pics from my file to the web page.
    thanks for looking
    rich
    Richard Amabile

Re: my build on the DL part 2

Originally posted by richard
    ...waggy 44's front and rear w/ spools and 5.13 gears
    rich
    Sounds cool... You aren't going on any tight trails are you? with a spooled front axle. Either that or you are planning a lot of front digs...

Comment

Hey... don't knock the spool. I have been running one for 6 years now and I don't have any problems with steering. I have only had my cutting brakes for probably 2 years. The cutting brake makes it nice, but still very managable with just the spool.
      Kevin

My Buggy Build Thread

Jeremy's CJ

2007 JK Unlimited

Comment

Here are some pics from Rich's truck

Kevin

My Buggy Build Thread

Jeremy's CJ

2007 JK Unlimited

Comment

I love it. Looks like the Goat's...low and long on leafs. see there is no need to go SOA all the time!!
          -Erik
          #4421 Miller Motorsports
          -2012 King of the Hammers Champion-

Comment

low is the way to go it is a shorter flop, just sent kev more pics , going in the garage to take some more of the bellypan
            Richard Amabile

Comment

A few more...

And one of the little man.

Kevin

My Buggy Build Thread

Jeremy's CJ

2007 JK Unlimited

Comment

i jsut sent kev more a full side shot and some of the bellypan they should be up soon
                Richard Amabile

Comment

Hey Kev and Rich
                  I noticed that, that isn't your shop in some of the pics. Where is some of this nice fab work taking place??? :-k

Looks like a great truck. Keep up the good work.

Comment

More Pics

Kevin

My Buggy Build Thread

Jeremy's CJ

2007 JK Unlimited

Comment

some of the fab i did in my friend joe's shop, and to give you some perspective on the size of the rock ,my duaghter is 4'6" tall
                      Richard Amabile

Comment

The build looks awesome. That flat bellypan is really sweet too, nice to have everything tucked up like that.
                        Dave S. - Former NJJC Secretary
                        2011 Hard Luck Award Winner

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ Limited (4.5" RE SF, 35's, XJ D44 Rear, Locked F/R, Armored, Doorless, Caged)

Daily Driver/Hauler: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland (5.7L, Quadra-Drive II, Quadra-Lift)

Sold: 2001 XJ Limited Pavement Pounder/Cream Puff (2" BB and 30's)

Comment

the guy joe who helped me has his own shop at his homested, it is called endless mountain fab, he is a dealer for a bunch of company's , such as tera,rubicon express, rock krawler, and a bunch of others, he is a great guy just trying to start his business up, he is on other boards but we are getting him on our site shortly, he is located in pa but it isn't that far from nj. so if you are in the market for anything give him a shot. his website isn't that good but you can get an idea of all the products he is dealer for, endlessmtnfab.com thanks rich
                          Richard Amabile

Comment

the comp corners are ordered and should be here next week, i still have to install the cutting brake and move the rear body mounts to the inside of the frame rails
                            Richard Amabile

Comment

psst... you dont need those RBM's.
                              -Erik
                              #4421 Miller Motorsports
                              -2012 King of the Hammers Champion-

Comment

Working...
                              X