No announcement yet.

Project - CJ 5.75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an end to offroading or just an end to the buggy?
    Pete
    CJ 5.75

Comment

• What Fuzzy has not mentioned here is he is moving to Colorado & will be changing to a more street legal jeep to run trails there!!
      Dave TVH
      03 TJ 4.0L-TF 727-Atlas II 4.3-Solid Axle 60's 5.13 gears- locked fr&rear
      PSC Hydro - 3 inch stretch-37" Trep Beadlocks- OBA - More
      5 Days on the trail - 3 locations for 2018 / 11 @4 in 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

• Oh man!!! Nice move!!! I don't blame him for leaving this area!! We are on a 4-5 year plan ourselves to go south.

Well, hopefully I can finish this thing and I'll have to meet up with larry in Colorado so he can show me the trails out there!!

Dave, your still planning a move in the future? Tennessee?

Pete
        CJ 5.75

Comment

• yep - moving to Estes Park,CO. Let me know when you want to come out for a visit!

If the buggy doesn't sell, it is going to live at Dave's house in TN. He can wheel it, and I will come out for a week or two of fun in the summer.
          Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• on the 2 year plan, have a place in Knoxville already
            Dave TVH
            5 Days on the trail - 3 locations for 2018 / 11 @4 in 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

• Sweet! Colorado is awesome! I wish you the best of luck! My future plans do involve travel so it may be a while but I will be out there!!!

Good deal dave, I remember you bought the house a while back, just wasn't sure what your plan was.

On a side note, got some jeep progress to report. Passenger side panel is in place under the cowl. Need to tweak things a bit but not too much. Fits better than I thought.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_154310.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	701.6 KB
ID:	174804

Pete
              CJ 5.75

Comment

• looking good but I want to see it on the rocks!!
                Dave TVH

Comment

• I just want it to move under its own power! Lol.
                  It may suck in the rocks, in that case I'll just go to the mall on Saturdays! Hahaha!!!
                  Pete
                  CJ 5.75

Comment

• I don't think that will be an issue. You have been meticulous the entire way. You will be kicking rocks and taking names soon (I hope).
                    Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• Thanks for the vote of confidence.

​​​​​I have a ton of work to do still and no matter how much I want to be done tomorrow I have a vision of this thing in my head. Its my dream build really and as I've moved along I have certainly added features, mostly comfort. Lol
                      ​​​
                      Pete
                      CJ 5.75

Comment

• Still moving forward. Lots of boring stuff. Fit the side panels and the cowl, mounted the steering column to the cowl and firewall and added a brace to the roll cage. Finally got the hood back in place. The old fiberglass grill is out and a new used metal grill is going under the knife to be fit inside the grill hoop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190721_161045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	660.7 KB ID:	174885Click image for larger version  Name:	20190721_161037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.1 KB ID:	174886
                        Pete
                        CJ 5.75

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	48298.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	472.3 KB
ID:	174888

Here is the grill. I have to remove all the metal from the back side and remove 2.75 inches from the bottom. That's how much higher the front frame rails are.

Pete
                          CJ 5.75

Comment

• Grill cut and tacked. Needs some tweaking and fitting but its relatively close.

Attached Files
                            Pete
                            CJ 5.75

Comment

• Progress has been slow and steady,, mostly slow. Rear axle and suspension took a different turn this summer. Removed the semi float 60 and went to a full float 14 bolt from crane axle with 40 spline spindles and solid 5x5.5 hubs. The axle forced a rear suspension change from a
                              Pete
                              CJ 5.75

Comment

Working...
                              X