Clear All

• Originally posted by RygarS2001
    Can I make me a lathe with yours? ;)
    Fixed it for you ;)

Adam-- sure! :D
    'Tall' Peter -- Former NJ Resident
    1962 CJ-5 ~ 1984 CJ-7 ~ 2008 JKUR ~ R/C Toys

Comment

• got the spindle back on-- man that feels great! I started by tacking it in 4 places-- evenly spread and opposite each other. I then made 8 larger welds, again evenly spread & opposite. This did not fill in the V-groove completely, so I again made 8 evenly spaced & opposite larger welds.

While the welder was running, I also got the ladder bar mount on.

I took Erik's advice again, and boxed it a little.

pics of the setup bar, with the pucks in the diff.
      Again, a HUGE thanks to Kevin & Mike for lending me this priceless tool! =D>

Comment

• SET UP TOOL

I like the setup tool to keep everything aligned. Far be it for me to be critical but for some reason I would not expect the butt welded tube to be strong. I would have thought there would have been a sleeve on the outside of the tube joint.

Comment

• Re: SET UP TOOL

Originally posted by JERSEY-JOE
          ... Far be it for me to be critical but for some reason I would not expect the butt welded tube to be strong. I would have thought there would have been a sleeve on the outside of the tube joint.
          I hear you on that Joe--

It is common practice, as far as I know-- the 'Super 20" I had was made that way, the 60 Kev, Mike, & I built for the rear of Mikes' was built that way.

The semi-float end-forgings they sell are meant to be used this way.

I'll keep you posted if I have any problems with it. ;)

Comment

• Nice work Pete! Now what tool do you need to make for the next project. I'm convinced that you are picking projects that require the need for some pimped out tool fab work. LOVE IT!!! Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubihahn
              Nice work Pete! Now what tool do you need to make for the next project. I'm convinced that you are picking projects that require the need for some pimped out tool fab work. LOVE IT!!! Keep up the good work.
              hmmm... a gear cutter will be nice- that way I can dial in the axle ratio for the optimum street/trail ratio... :-k :D

Comment

• Got the rear axle back under it & 'accurately' centered. The T-case & axle are now in line -- relative to the d-shaft.

Also got the ladder bar on the axle, skid plate drilled & the mounting hole skids on.

I took the top cover/shift tower off the NV 4500 & gave it a visual inspection. (sorry no pics) and all looks great!

Lastly I started the D300 'outrigger' mount. This should take some of the stress off of the trans adapter. The 4" x 3/8 angle iron came in handy. :D

Comment

• Sweet looking progress!!!
                  Pete
                  CJ 5.75

Comment

• PETER

PETER IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU WORKING ON THIS AGAIN. ONCE AGAIN I HAVE A THOUGHT. I AM NOT AN EXPERT BUT I WOULD NOT MOUNT AND PART OF MY DRIVELINE SOLID FOR FEAR THAT VIBRATION WILL EVENTUALL STRESS CRACK CAST IRON. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE OF ENGINE MOUNTS. NO WAY TO INCORPORATE EVEN A POLY MOUNT?

Comment

• Joe I would believe that the T-Case mount is mounted to the frame with poly bushings much like a Trans cross member would be. I will be doing something similar as well.

Comment

• TRANSFER CASE MOUNT

It looks like his crossmember is mounted solid to the frame rails and he is going to mount the t case solid to it without any poly mount. Way too much vibration risk IMHO.

Comment

• Joe on page 16 you can see pics of the crossmember with a bushing at each end. Vibrations will not be an issue.
                          --Paul

Click Here To Check Me Out On Facebook!

http://www.rozzofabrication.com

Comment

• Looks great Pete. Nice work.
                            Kevin

My Buggy Build Thread

Jeremy's CJ

2007 JK Unlimited

Comment

• page 16

OK now I see it. That's better.

Comment

• OMG-- TWO months have gone by... this is embarrassing.

Time has been spent on the basement waterproofing project (french drains & all), the RC cars & crawlers, and now a Modified PowerWheels Jeep for my son.

I definitely have alot of interests... when will the projects end!?! ](*,) [-o< #-o

Comment

Working...
                                X