No announcement yet.

~ The Barnacle ~ [CJ-7]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlan sounds fun! I will need a place to test the new suspension next summer. Harlan may be a good place to see if the Jeep stays in one piece.
    Pete
    CJ 5.75

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep-Power View Post
      LIKE!

They say Harlan is the ultimate place around here.
      It is wonderful there. Makes your face do this a lot : :o
      Ian

00 TJ, Try'n catch me ridin 30s

Comment

• Looking to go to Harlan this summer with CORE. They have an annual camp/wheel trip there every year.

Not much in the way of update photos, but here's what I've got:

I picked up & plumbed in an Aeromotive mini fuel pressure regulator. The factory regulator was being overwhelmed with the much higher flow rate & pressure of the Stealth pump. I pulled the inner O-rings off the OEM regulator and re-installed it. Then a 90 6-AN elbow allowed me to plumb it into the return line.

This made way for (more) stable and higher fuel pressure (about 50psi).

We were down in PR for the first two weeks of January. Got back and drove it around a bit. The fumes are still coming out of the floor paint, above the exhaust. I was sick with flu-like symptoms for about two days. Turns out that killer primer i got from Europe, Corroless, is really a killer. It has a bunch of heavy metals in it which work great at keeping rust away, but are highly toxic when heated. It's called Metal Fume Fever. I had the windows closed (it was a little chilly) and was sitting and tuning it on & off for about an hour. Needless to say that primer needs to come off the floor, in those areas. :( The current CORE president, Tim, will be allowing me to use his garage again this Friday, for that.

The best news is a bunch of help I received from other Jeepers running a MegaSqirt system on a Jeep 4.0.

Greg got me his timing map from his Cherokee Project - HERE on NAXJA They are running a manifold setup very similar to the one I am.

I also got alot of help from Frank, on the MegaSquirt forum - Thread HERE . He was kind enough to send me the entire tune file from his ZJ with a MS3 running his NA 4.0. With that and a bunch of killer tips via emial, I seem to have gotten the IAC and idle down pat. THANK YOU! It will take a bit of driving it around and fine tuning to be certain, but this is the best cold start and idle, by far, that I have achieved. I might just be getting the hang of this thing... Fingers crossed!
        'Tall' Peter -- Former NJ Resident
        1962 CJ-5 ~ 1984 CJ-7 ~ 2008 JKUR ~ R/C Toys

Comment

• So, in addition to being a custom cabinet maker, you will also be tuning turbo Jeeps?
          Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• So awesomely beyond me...very cool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

• We got snow today and they let us out of work early. Since the hubs were locked, I had to take it in the woods. Saw a bunch of roosted turkey, a fox, and two different raptors. #sliceofheaven

Required Tech: I have been slowly making progress with the MS3Pro tuning. The cold, warm, and hot starts are almost OEM, timing and fuel maps are very close. I will need a load dyno to get any better, it idles up nicely when the OBA and cooling fan kick on, and the turbo pulls very nicely over 2300RPM.

Still having issues with keeping stable fuel pressure. One remedy will be to rewire the in-tank wiring and get rid of a few of the spade connectors and rewire the fuel pump relay. This will make the fuel pump electrical circuit bulletproof and eliminate any doubts I have in it. The second issue is to create a flow-through fuel rail. With a hot engine that has been shut off, the fuel vaporizes in the rail and takes a while to clear out. This condition leads to a extremely lean idle and/or repeated stalling.

The fuel rail will be fun-- no one offers an off-the-shelf aftermarket fuel rail. Of course, one will have to be fabricated. :)
              Last edited by Jeep-Power; 02-12-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• If you turn the screen about 45 degrees, it looks like you are at TVH!
                Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• What year motor is that . I might want to commission you to make me a fuel rail to.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                  Jonathan- o4 tj 4" clayton long arm w 5" stretch, 1" bb, atlas2 5.0, pro rock 60 front and rear

Comment

• Same

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                    -tom
                    Originally posted by Sigmaz
                    la la la ...
                    We just figured out blues clues, we just figured out blues clues, we just figured out blues clues because we're really smart.

ahem.. sorry about that ..

.....wheres my medicine?

Comment

• The fuel rail will fit 91 & up 4.0 manifolds. The injector spacing is the same on obd1 and obd2 engines. Not sure about renix

Comment

• Build it up, I bet you'll sell 3 or 4 right off the bat!
                        Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

• I would love to have a return off the back of the fuel rail

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                          Jonathan- o4 tj 4" clayton long arm w 5" stretch, 1" bb, atlas2 5.0, pro rock 60 front and rear

Comment

• Pete,Have u looked into one of these? https://www.msdignition.com/Products...e_Booster.aspx They are being used on the newer returnless fuel system cars with great success in boosted applications. I am sure it would help even with a retuirn system if you have a boost regulated pressure regulator.
                            Pete
                            CJ 5.75

Comment

• Pete, cool, but the link is not working on my phone.

Comment

• Sorry link was messed up. The url end tag was in the wrong place, I moved it and it works now. I was just talking to a buddy building a twin turbo blow through carb setup and he looking into running one of those pump contollers as well to help control fuel pressures.
                                Pete
                                CJ 5.75

Comment

Working...
                                X