Clear All

• waterfall at the entrance to Rail Bed

heading up White Tail Rocks

Drive home on Saturday afternoon

somewhere in Virgina
    'Tall' Peter -- Former NJ Resident
    1962 CJ-5 ~ 1984 CJ-7 ~ 2008 JKUR ~ R/C Toys

Comment

• Drivin' with the wind in your face, and the windshield down! 10 bonus points!
      Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• Congrats on the house !!
        also nice to see the Barnacle getting used
        just too bad we are not using her with you
        some day!!
        Have fun!
        Dave TVH
        03 TJ 4.0L-TF 727-Atlas II 4.3-Solid Axle 60's 5.13 gears- locked fr&rear
        PSC Hydro - 3 inch stretch-37" Trep Beadlocks- OBA - More
        5 Days on the trail - 3 locations for 2018 / 11 @4 in 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

• 2 x Congrats on the house!! Send more pics
          Rich Volpi - 2000 XJ, 1989 MJ

Comment

• Awesome news on the house!! Post some more pics!

Glad the gremlins are being worked out f the efi. Its a tremendous learning curve but pays off in the end with a great running jeep.
            Pete
            CJ 5.75

Comment

• Looks good peter! Nice garage
              Chris

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
              5.7 hemi
              Quadra drive 2

Comment

• Congrats on the house!

Sounds like your getting it more and more dialed in. Nice pics of the wheeling, glad to hear your keeping it rolling.
                Dan M.
                Former President, Secretary, Treasurer
                48 days on trail in 2012!
                '85 CJ7 - 4.0L,T-18,4.10s,Locked F&R,35s,Caged,Winch
                '68 Kaiser Jeep M715 body transplant on '90 Dodge W350 in progress

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Life is good, but i still miss NJ quite a bit.

Daily driving this thing and killing gremlins weekly. Can't wait for a designated work space. The condo/apartment parking lot has it's limitations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep-Power View Post
                    Thanks everyone. Life is good, but i still miss NJ quite a bit.

Daily driving this thing and killing gremlins weekly. Can't wait for a designated work space. The condo/apartment parking lot has it's limitations.
                    Yeah, I remember THAT all too well! The townhouse association LOVED me!

Looking real good, man.
                    Chris Barnes - Former NJJC President, Wannabe Fabricator, Errant Mechanic
                    I fix stuff by a little bit of trial, a lot of error, and a TON of bad words!
                    2001 TJ, upgraded as broken

Comment

• Thanks Chris.

All I've gotten so far is nervous & a few funny looks. I've got a few thumbs up, people asking questions and alot of good feedback. The Barnacle just has that effect on people. :-)

Painted the garage floor this weekend and got a chance to test fit it today, ducking a thunderstorm in the process. There really is nothing a Jeeper hates more and will avoid at all costs than putting the top back up. :-)

Comment

• Looks great, I did mine a few years ago and it looked like that. Then I rebuilt the cj and pretty much ruined it lol. No point in painting it again, the commando is waiting
                        05lj links, coilovers, 60's f/r my retirement hiding in there somewhere
                        68 commando mice/rust

Comment

• Jealousy is setting in!! : )-

Awesome, nice garage definitely a step up from your old garage. Do you think you can get the Barnacle in there with the 37's on and no top?

Time to start on the CJ5 is the extra body hidden behind you in the picture? I don't see the chalk board either?

Comment

• Went out for a ride with the neighbor kid who knows some local trails.

We ended up in the backside of a big development project. Lots of cool climbs & stuff to play on.

Tried skirting a muddy spot but it still sucked us in. Had to winch sideways uphill with 3 tires buried, well past the hubs. The pass side rocker was in the dirt. The M8000 was struggling, to say the least, but it didn't let me down!

the Catawba (sp?) River

don't see this in Jersey

Comment

• Did your pod come in one piece? i cant imagine the floor supporting a Bridgeport?

Comment

• Rich-- surprisingly, yes. Though the Podzilla was struggling a bit with the driveway saddle and pitch to the house. The Bridgeport & metal lathe are in place, in the garage, but the majority of the woodworking iron needs to be moved to the basement. It is all packed in the garage for now.

Did some work on this Jeep yesterday- I had some premature tire wear on the front Pass tire-- tuned out the toe in was over 1/2"! I like to believe that I set it pretty close initially. Not sure if one of the high-steer arms moved (no evidence upon close inspection) or if I was just in a hurry when I first set it up.

I have a bunch of work to get done in the next few weeks-- planning on riding at The Flats in two weeks, then Harlan the first weekend in Sep, and then tot he Cove Crawl in late Sep. All that will require a new set of replacement driveshafts, fixing a unusual leak somewhere between the trans & t-case, and finally getting my Yukon Superhubs installed (which will require either modifying the hex nut bearing setup or switching to the spanner-type hub bearing nuts)

The 4:10's are definitely too tall for the 37's-- still in the fence between 4.56's & 4.88's.

Comment

Working...
                                X