• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More to come...
    'Tall' Peter -- Former NJ Resident
    1962 CJ-5 ~ 1984 CJ-7 ~ 2008 JKUR ~ R/C Toys

Comment

• So - you had Hydramat in your fuel cell when we were in Harlan and you "had plenty of gas"?
      Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
        So - you had Hydramat in your fuel cell when we were in Harlan and you "had plenty of gas"?
        no- I PUT the Hydramat in the fuel cell because of that 'incident'. :D

Comment

• About Feb. 2017, I was noticing a growling noise coming from the drivetrain. I first thought it was the from wheel bearings, and then figured it was coming from the trans/T-case. I removed the rear cover off the NV4500 and replaced a snap-ring that the internet said was the problem. That fixed it for about a week.

Then I discovered the noise went away when the trans was in 3d gear. Well, it turned out that the 'Pro" shop that rebuilt the trans, before I got it, didn't do such a great job. THe rear output bearing and rear countershaft bearing were both spinning in their bores. To boot, they had beat the 1st gear onto the main shaft, damaging it's thrust bearing surface. Oh-- and none of the bearings seemed to have been preloaded anywhere close to spec

Some new parts, some creative bearing indexing, new tools (finally broke down and bought a arbor press) and some green loctite later, it is good as new.

and just for fun, some pics of a vintage NJJC shirt, back & front

Comment

• Harlan, in the rain, last Spring. It is amazing how sticky those rocks are when the are wet. We crawled almost everything

I came home from that Harlan trip and for the first time, the Jeep didn't need any major work- YAY! So with the passenger complaints echoing in my ears, I got around to installing that passengerside door bar.

Upgraded the 'icecube' relays to some automotive grade stuff.

If you haven't used this stuff-- it is great for keeping moisture out of your electronic connections. Dow-Corning #4 Electrical Silicone

then it was on to some double-shear hi-steer arms.

before

and this happened.

Comment

Working...
            X