Tire Vulcanizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Vulcanizer

I put a major gash into one of my Krawlers, right by the bead. Got out of the woods with about 10-15 plugs stuck in the hole. Phill Smith gave me the number of a guy that does vulcanizing. The guy's name is Bernie. He is an old dirt track racer, and that's why he started doing it years ago. He still does it, mostly for racers, You have to dismount your tire (his tire machine only handles 15 inch tires - that shows how "experienced" he is!). He charged 30 bucks, but that beats the heck out of a new tire! His number is 908-319-5485. He is in Belvedere, right by the river. It's a residence (his garage is behind the house), and there is a 10 high bridge right before you get there - glad I wasn't driving the Box. I dropped the tire off, then picked it up a few days later. You might be able to wait, but it will take 2 or 3 hours to cure.
    Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Great info Larry. Thanks.
    Ain't no sense in bein stupid unless you show it off!

Joe
    Former
    NJJC VP

Comment

Awsome, is that # a cell ? Guess I could call him to see . Have a pbr and a tsl sx that could use some attention. No one would do them and I had thought about an entry level setup to do them . But that seems very reasonable at 30$
      Greg-

Comment

cryptictoy if you are not in a rush we can bring them back after the ride 6/30
        drop them to him & get them back to you at cutting 7/28
        Dave TVH
        03 TJ 4.0L-TF 727-Atlas II 4.3-Solid Axle 60's 5.13 gears- locked fr&rear
        PSC Hydro - 3 inch stretch-37" Trep Beadlocks- OBA - More
        9 Days on the trail - 4 locations for 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

Awesome info! Thanks
          Mike S.
          '94 YJ "BlackRhinoYJ"
          YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/BlackRhinoOffRoad

Comment

Greg - yes, that is his cell. This is not a business, per se. He's been doing it for years, since his dirt track days. He still has his dirt car in the garage. I asked if it was OK to give out his number, and he said yes. He's a really nice guy, and I think he likes company! As Dave said, we can get them to him, if you aren't in a rush
            Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

Working...
            X