No announcement yet.

Trailer rental

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the strap company that some of the members bought from online again? Larry?
    Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

This is the place that I use. They have some great sets.

I originally used the straps that have a built in axle strap. Seems like a great idea, but the axle part takes a beating, and if starts to fray, the whole strap is shot. Its not a bad idea to get a couple extra axle straps, as they somehow have a way of wandering off.
      RatchetStraps.com manufactures ratchet straps and winch straps Made in the USA with USA Made Edge Protection webbing. Call 1-800-483-2189 to order yours today.
      Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by sottiriou88 View Post
        I would look into a 3" strap or something similar to the one in the link below. I usually run 4 straps total on the axles. 2 front and 2 rear.

https://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/3...m?1=1&CartID=1
        Here's the strap link from the first page. I ordered mine here and they'll be in tomorrow
        Ryan C. 2008 JKU Rubi on 36s. Cage, skids, etc.

Comment

This is a good set up kit starting at $89 for 4 straps
          https://www.ratchetstraps.com/2-auto...axle-strap-set
          I upgrade the hooks to swivel snap hooks - makes life so much easier
          also order the correct length strap for your trailer
          I would always recommend at least a snap hook so it will not come off the d ring or axle strap
          if the jeep ever moved or compressed suspension and slacked

Dave TVH
          03 TJ 4.0L-TF 727-Atlas II 4.3-Solid Axle 60's 5.13 gears- locked fr&rear
          PSC Hydro assist- 3 inch stretch-37" Beadlocks- OBA - More
          8 Days on the trail - 3 locations for 2017 / 6 @ 3 in 2016 /13 @ 5 in 2015 / 11 @ 4 in 2014 / 18 @ 6 in 2013 / 20 @ 5 in 2012

Comment

Ryan - if you can cancel those, I certainly would. Those hooks will work, but not very well. Dave's link is much better, just make sure to get them long enough - the default is only 8 feet
            Larry Anderson - Just a quiet, little trail rig.

NJJC Treasurer

Comment

if you want to borrow my straps I could bring them to the Tues Meeting, that gives you time to sort out something and not rush. I'm not using them anytime soon
              Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

On another note, when I worked for towing company we used to put an extra strap as a safety when loading a rollback(flatbed). It wasn't tensioned, just clipped with the slack out of it...cheap insurance. On a trailer without the headache rack to stop forward motion, two safety straps, or a single strap fastened fore and aft of front axle would be better... just a thought
                Doug Thornton

99 TJ

Pile of CJ parts...

Comment

Originally posted by orngkrate View Post
                  if you want to borrow my straps I could bring them to the Tues Meeting, that gives you time to sort out something and not rush. I'm not using them anytime soon

Thanks for the offer on the straps, but mine will be here today. I'll give them a try and see how I like them I figure.
                  Ryan C. 2008 JKU Rubi on 36s. Cage, skids, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X